Not sure where to start? Take the first step by scheduling a discovery call with me.
Initial Consultation – no charge
Let’s talk about your story and how to achieve your writing goals.
I’ll give you 30 minutes of my time free, to answer any questions you have, whether it’s about plotting your novel, character development, Story Grid principles, or even establishing good writing habits.
Developmental Editing – $647/month (4 calls)
Developmental editing – weekly coaching – will help you get from the idea stage to the first draft of your book. This is for you if:
- You’ve got an idea for a story, but you don’t know how to start.
- You’ve written some awesome heart-wrenching scenes, but aren’t sure where they fit in the overall plot.
- You’ve got a basic outline but you’re not sure what to work on first.
Here’s what you get:
- Weekly one-hour phone consultations;
- Specific, objective feedback and ongoing analysis of your written work;
- A recording of the calls for your ongoing reference in a shared Dropbox folder;
- Specific assignments designed to step up your writing, based on your story and writing level;
- Accountability to stay on track or a kick in the ass if you need it.
One-hour Consultation – $247
Do you need targeted advice on a particular problem or scene so you can get back to writing? Not ready to jump into weekly coaching? I’ll take a look at your scene or outline up to 3000 words and discuss solutions during a one-hour call. I’ll recommend potential masterworks or writing resources based on your specific needs. You’ll get a digital recording of the call but no written feedback.
Short Story Analysis – $297
I’ll analyze your short story or scene up to 5,000 words and provide you detailed and specific written feedback on how to improve your story. I’ll look at the Story Grid Five Commandments, exposition and dialogue, and short story character development. You’ll get clear and concise recommendations on how to take the next draft up a level.
Manuscript Analysis – $1247*
This is the Story Grid Diagnostic, developed by Shawn Coyne to pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of a novel. It’s an in-depth analysis of your finished manuscript up to 80k words. If you’ve got a finished draft, this is for you.
I’ll analyze the structure of your novel and identify what’s working and what’s not. I’ll give you content-specific suggestions on what to do to improve your manuscript and provide resources that will help you amplify and improve your existing plot.
What you get:
- A review of the Story Grid Six Core Questions that will provide an overview of your entire manuscript
- An in-depth Story Grid spreadsheet analysis of your first five scenes
- A one-hour phone call consultation that will be recorded and provided for your future reference
- A next steps letter with specific recommendations for working on your next draft
- Resources and recommended masterworks specific to your manuscript that will deepen your understanding of your story’s genre
- A copy of The Story Grid by Shawn Coyne
*For manuscripts of 80,000-100,000 words: $1497
*For manuscripts of 100,000-120,000 words: $1747
For information on my services, please schedule a discovery call.